Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grey, Grey, Grey....

...what am I going to do with you! : )

The other day, Grey woke up not in so great of a mood. Joleigh and I had been awake for quite some time and boy, was she in a chipper mood! Grey comes dragging his feet into the kitchen and looks at us without a smile I might add! Joleigh, sees Grey and immediately starts waving and saying "Hi, Grey!" over and over and over. Grey just ignored her. I asked him to say good morning to her and he said, "No, I don't want to say good morning to her." I said, well at least you could put on a smile and he just looked at me. So I said, "Well, go back to your room and don't come out until you put on a smile. I think you need to start over this morning." So, off he went and five minutes later, he comes out wearing this shirt! He was so proud of himself, he "Put" on a smile! (And, he was in a better mood!)
I just giggled, thinking that poor kid, he searched in his drawer until he found an appropriate shirt to wear because he actually thought he had to PUT on a smile. So funny!
Another story (short and sweet)
Last night, Grey was putting on his underwear after his bath. He came into the living room and I noticed he had put them on backwards, so I told him to take them off and try again. He did, but in doing so, he accidentally pulled them off so that they were wrong side out. He started to get a little upset (because he has a hard time correcting this) and came to me and said, "Mom, these are wrong side out. Help me make them wrong side in!"
Again, I just had to giggle...
And one more...
The other day, Grey had woken up before Joleigh and heard her cry when she woke up. He ran into her room and started to talk to her. I watched them from my room as Joe and I talked. A few minutes later, I came in to get Joleigh out of her crib and I noticed Grey was holding her "My First Curl" box. He said "She needed hair in it, so I put hair in it." Sure enough there was a little hair in the box. I asked him where he found it, and he replied, "I cut it!" WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! You did WHAT?!!! HOW?!!!!!!!!! WHEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was watching you (so I thought)... He had gone into the kitchen, got his scissors, cut her hair, returned the scissors, and then sat and talked to Joleigh. How in the world did he do this under my watch? So, he and I had a very serious conversation about scissor safety (it's the one I used when I was teaching...ha!) I thought he understood, so I let him have his scissors back...a little too soon. A couple of days later, he did the same thing under Joe's watch but that time he cut a longer lock of hair. So now, the hair is safe in the "My first curl" box and the scissors are safe on TOP of the fridge...
But, it will be a sweet story to share to Joleigh when she is older. She will be so proud to think... "My brother got to cut my first lock of hair!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment