For supper, I made spaghetti! Sounds yummy right? But, there's a catch that I was hoping my kids wouldn't notice right away...I made spaghetti squash to replace regular noodles. Grey noticed right away. "Mom, what is that?" I told him, its spaghetti squash. "I don't like it!" Give it a try Grey, you just might! (with a big smile) During supper, Grey eats the sauce and leaves most of the squash. "Mom, next time you make "espetti", can you make it with regular "espetti" noodles? I mean the ones that are straight when they aren't cooked and squirrely when they are cooked. The ones that are crunchy when they aren't cooked. OK?" ( He was trying to make it very clear that I understood which noodles he preferred!) So funny!
(time passes)
More to the Story (Spaghetti Squash) During our previous discussion, I told Grey that squash was very healthy for you - so much better that regular noodles. Joe told him that the squash would make him strong and I told him that regular noodles would make him feel blah. After posting the spaghetti story, I came back into the kitchen to find an empty plate! Grey finished all his squash (with very little complaint). He did know that I made regular noodles for Joe because he was skeptical about my meal from the get go! So after praising Grey for finishing, he said, " Now, can I eat the noodles that make me feel blah...I like noodles that make me feel blah!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment