Well, I realize that I haven't written much about Joleigh yet so here is goes!
She is 7 1/2 months old and is a good baby. Having a sweet disposition, she is smiling all the time! Even when she is getting a little upset about something, she still manages to smile when starting to cry. On occasion, she does show a temper and we all hear about it! WOW! (And yes, there's a bit of red in her hair!)
Joleigh started sitting up a couple of months ago. When on her tummy she can scoot this way and that, but not far. Before I know it, I will think back on the "easy" days when she would stay put! : )
A few favorites:
Toy: Either her socks or shoes that I have just put on! She likes to get them good and wet!
Food: Probably prunes (I'm glad she enjoys them, she's had a bit of an issue after starting solids and we feed her this everyday!)
Activity: Swinging in her swing outside or watching Grey! She also likes bath time (she has graduated from the infant bath to her inflatable ducky bath - what a big girl!)
Time of Day: Right now, she is enjoying all parts of the day (even nights - yes, she is still waking in the night to eat - her doctor said he didn't mind her doing it as long as I don't...HA!)
Something new: She showed us yesterday that she can curl her tongue in both directions! (Can you?)
Something she is learning: Several times now, Joleigh has picked up a toy and has handed it to me to "take". I will take it and she will start crying because I "took" it from her. So I will give it back and she stops crying, but just as soon as I do that, she tries to give it back. So, I won't take it, but she shoves the toy into my hand to take it. Just as soon as I do, she starts to cry again. I guess she is learning cause and effect... : ) What a hard way to learn that!
Something we've learned: Do not put her on the grass without a blanket. And don't dare do this by a patch of blue bonnets. (It'll freak her out!) Oops...I will know next time to ease her into this new environment. : )
I want to attach a pic of her room because I love it! My Mom, Dad and Branda helped us! When trying to figure out how to decorate it, I didn't want a girly room but as I started to plan out what I wanted, it quickly came to realization that this very well may be my only girl, so I started to plan accordingly! : )
We went with a dragonfly & garden theme. Her walls are yellow with grass at the bottom and dragonflies dance just above the grass. We all worked on painting the grass and boy was that a chore! Each of us took a wall and started painting three different colors of green overlaying each blade. Even though we had a different technique, it looked really good and Branda, then went around the room once more to make each wall flow into the next. She decorated the windows by hanging tulle on drawer knobs that Dad and Joe hung (so cool). She also hung beads from the windows to add just enough color for that wall! Mom and Branda painted the flowers (so pretty) and though the picture is small, to the right of the crib and throughout her room, I wrote verses in place of the flight patterns of the dragonflies. My favorite addition to her room are her dragonfly shaped hooks for coats and sweaters. They are actually drawer pulls that we converted to screw into the wall.
Until next time...







No comments:
Post a Comment