Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flip Flop Fun!

Last night, I had Bunco at my house! The theme was, you guessed it, Flip Flop Fun!
I had flip flop everything! From the plates...
...to the flip flop decorations which were party favors for the Bunco group...
...to the serving dishes. This was my margarita station! I placed limes on the flip flop plate and of course a delightful margarita beverage in the pitcher!
And yes, even the margarita cups had flip flops!
Here's the dessert table - a yummy brownie ice cream sundae bar!
With all the fixins'
Delicious!

This plate says it all -this is what it's all about!
I could just kick myself for not taking a picture of the food buffet. The menu was gourmet miniature burgers with all the fixins' including potato salad and baked beans! I made bacon and cheddar burgers and blue cheese burgers. The recipe for both will be at the end of this post.
Joe was so sweet to bring the flowers home for me! He knew that I hadn't had time to pick some out, so he surprised me with these confetti flowers!
Perfect for the party!

Anytime a bunco was rolled, you had to wear the straw hat and lei!
You can't help but pose for a picture when you wear this get up!
Everyone had fun wearing it!
Enjoying the evening! I also had none other than Jimmy Buffet playing in the background. I tried to hire him to come and play for us in person, but he couldn't fit into his schedule! : )
We all had a great time!
Thank you all for a fun evening!!!
Already thinking about what my theme will be for next time!

Recipes:


Blue Cheese Burgers

Ingredients

  • 3 pounds lean ground beef
  • 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 12 French rolls or hamburger buns

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
  2. Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
  3. Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.


Bacon Cheddar Burgers

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup real bacon bits
  • 4 hamburger buns

Directions

  1. Preheat grill for high heat.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, Cheddar cheese, horseradish, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bacon bits using your hands. Shape the mixture into 4 hamburger patties.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place hamburger patties on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on buns.




1 comment: