Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grandpa Guy

Feb 6, 1911 - Jan 9, 2010
Grandpa Guy passed away early this morning. He was 98, just shy of his 99th birthday. We will miss him so very much not only because he was our Granddad, but because he was a delightful person with many stories to share. I've only known Grandpa Guy for the past 12 years, and wish I could have met him many years before. I enjoyed our conversations but mostly enjoyed listening to him share stories about climbing Pikes Peak as a young man only after working in a bean field all day, attending a dance, grabbing a hamburger or taffy, and then setting out to climb the peak throughout the night to enjoy the sunrise. He would then climb down to go to work again! He also shared stories when he was a Scout leader, about Grandma feeding a grizzly bear at Yellowstone, or about his father cutting ice blocks from the river with an ice saw. We will miss those times we spent at his home visiting with him in his green easy chair. He was an honest, hard working man. A true man from America's yesteryears. And the kind of man that America needs today.
We know that Grandpa Guy is now Home... again with Grandma.
We love you Grandpa Guy!!!!!!!
We will miss you!

Four generation picture taken this past June.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Grandpa Guy. I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories of him.

    ReplyDelete