Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our 2009 Christmas Season


WOW! Didn't think it would take me a month to post Christmas pictures, but, I still wanted to share!
Enjoy!

Christmas card picture - the two pics below were contenders...



Christmas Eve

After the Christmas Eve service, we drove around town to see Christmas lights, then the kids got to open one gift before going to bed...bet ya can't guess what they got!?!?
Pajamas!!!!!!!! Grey really looks excited huh! (At least it wasn't underwear...HA!)
OK...tried to get a pic of their jammies, but both kids were really getting tired so sweet dreams to Grey and Joleigh! And then I got busy...
I had the idea a couple of months back to make Christmas pillow cases for the kids. They would get to open them with their pj's. Each pillow case would have a large pocket so that Santa could put a gift in their pocket and when they woke up a gift would await them! Well, my plan didn't work out because I didn't finish their pillows in time, but that's OK, that was the first thing they saw Christmas morning!
Grey's pocket has bells sewn on the ribbon.
I love the vintage look of Joleigh's!

Dumas Christmas

The weekend before Christmas, we travelled to Dumas to have Christmas with Bobbie and Pop-Pop, Aunts and Uncles and cousins! L to R Trey, Dalton, Blake Derek, Brittney! We also got to visit with Uncle WC, Aunt Lorie, Aunt Kendi, and Uncle Randy!
Not long after we arrived, Pop-Pop gave cookies to the kids! They loved them (and Pop-Pop too)!
We celebrated Christmas with Bobbie and Pop-Pop Friday evening. In this pic, Pop-Pop and Joleigh were giving each other kisses! So sweet!
What a precious face!
Opening presents...Grey got a cool desk that he will love and...
Joleigh got a precious musical tea set!
Joleigh standing on her new tea set!
Lora (aka Bobbie) has made each grandchild a sack that she reuses each year! The theme for each sack is snowman(lady) personalized to each child's liking! So cute!
I think Joleigh sees a resemblance!


Cousin Christmas

The following pictures are of our cousins opening their presents!


We had a fun time! Hopefully we can all get together again next year!

Christmas Day
We were so excited that Aunt Janet (a great friend from teaching) came over Christmas morning to give gifts to the kids! THE KIDS HAD A BLAST! Grey got a cute fireman t-shirt (see pic) and a fun Wack-A-Mole game along with a cute movie! Joleigh got a precious floral outfit and a cool playfood/dish set for her kitchen! Thank you for coming over!
Here's what our tree looked like for Christmas!



Santa brought Joleigh a kitchen set!
Grey got a fire truck and fire house!
They love their gifts!
Gamma and Papa mailed some gifts so that they could open them Christmas day...they got the kids a Christmas train!
Look at Joleigh's face...such joy!
The kids also got soccer balls from Santa!
Grey loves to help Joe make coffee so Gamma and Papa found this one for Grey! Fun!
Joleigh received very nice kitchen accessories! I will get a better pic when she is playing with them at her kitchen!
Austin Christmas

The week after Christmas, we headed for Austin to spend time with Aunt Branda, Gamma and Papa! We got together with The Rose Family - Aunt Verna, Devin, Katie, Leo, Tobias and Adele.

Well, its been too long, I can't remember which is Leo and Tobias...I think this is Leo!
Adele - very sweet girl!
So this must be Tobias...I think!



The kids enjoyed spending time with their cousins. Katie, their Mommy, was pregnant at the time of our get together and went into labor during our gift exchange. She had a baby boy, Edmund early that next morning. Both are doing well! : )
The next morning, Aunt Branda gave her gifts to Grey and Joleigh!
Joleigh got two cool cooking sets!
And Grey was very happy with his remote controlled bulldozer!
Aunt Branda has a Wii. Yes, Aunt Branda is the fun aunt! Grey had a blast playing with it!
And I'll end with a pic of my Mom and Dad, Gamma and Papa with the kiddos! We had a wonderful time!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
(I know it's too late to say that, but I think it still makes a great ending! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment