Sunday, May 31, 2009

Make your cake and eat it too...

Grey and I made a chocolate cake on Memorial Day. OK, I had to make the cake because just before we got started, Grey began to not follow directions so he couldn't help me make the cake, but after he woke up from a nap, he helped me make the frosting! He had a blast, and followed directions very well! He put all the ingredients in the mixer for me, and then frosted the cake (mostly)! Through out all of this, I explained to Grey that we were making a cake for Daddy. He said, "Daddy's cake?" I said yes, then he said, "Grey's cake?" I said yes, that's right! So from that point on, he kept telling me that the cake was his and Daddy's!

Grey was so proud of himself, he could hardly wait to show Daddy what he had done! When Joe got home from work, Grey immediately grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen and exclaimed, "Grey and Daddy's cake!" with a huge smile on his face!

To make the moment just perfect, he and Grey got to eat a piece (yes, before supper) in Grey's fort outside! Grey was so excited, he could hardly contain himself!

The best part of helping in the kitchen - taste testing!

Good job, Grey!

Is that kid proud of himself or what!




Cake and strawberries...yum!!!!!!!!!
What a wonderful memory for Grey!












No comments:

Post a Comment