Last night, I fell asleep on the couch waiting for a load of laundry to dry. It was a blessing because I was suddenly awakened by a very loud spewing noise at 2:00 am. I ran into the bathroom still half asleep (and without my glasses) and couldn't tell what the problem was. I thought the toilet was about to explode (I know, that's impossible, but at 2:00am anything possible.) I ran to get Joe. (I'm so glad he was home) I remember saying in a calm voice..."Joe, excuse me, but I need your help. There's a loud noise in the bathroom and I don't know what it is..." WHAT? Excuse me Joe? I don't know where that all came from... I'm surprised I didn't run in there yelling JOE! GET UP!!! THE TOILET IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, Joe, of course immediately noticed the waterfall coming from the wiggly water pipe that connects to the wall. It had disconnected from the toilet! He turned off the water, but by that time, our bathroom was flooded. I am very proud of us though, within 30 minutes, we had the carpet and foam torn up and a fan drying the concrete. Now, we are faced with what we are going to do. We'll probably put tile down, but not sure if we are going to do it ourselves or just get it done professionally. With the holidays coming up and company coming over, I would just rather have it done. But, we'll see...







No comments:
Post a Comment