Monday, May 24, 2010


Two evenings ago, a beautiful Blue Heron flew into our backyard looking for yummy bugs to eat!

Joe and I were discussing what kind of bird it was when we first saw it. We suggested that it may be part of the Egret family, but then decided it was probably a Blue Heron...
Grey, wanting to be a part of the conversation said, "No, it's a Spoonbill." Joe and I looked at each other in amazement - where did he hear the word Spoonbill? I asked him if he heard of that type of bird from his speech class. He said, "No, it's from Bobbie's book!" That's right, Bobbie has a beautiful book that not only shows hundreds of varieties of birds, but it also plays the song of each bird. Grey loves looking at and hearing the different birds in the book when we visit Bobbie and Pop-Pop. So, even though we all know its a Blue Heron, Grey calls it his Spoonbill! I am amazed at what Grey can retain...he's a smart kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment