Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grey!!!!!

Finally, I am posting Grey's Birthday Pictures! You will soon see why it took me so long to complete this! : ) Enjoy!Grey's 3rd birthday was Saturday, September 12th. The night before, we surprised him with new sheets for his bed! He was very excited to see all the cars, trucks and trains on his sheets! The next morning, Joe and I woke him up by singing Happy Birthday. It took a little while for Grey to wake up. While Grey's eyes were still closed, Joe asked him how old he was and Grey said "Two." Joe said "Today's your birthday! Are you sure you're two?" Grey then opened his eyes and said "Three?!?!?" It was so cute. He had been waiting so long for his birthday to come. He was very excited that it was finally here! He immediately started talking about his Happy Birthday hat! (Read on to find out how important this hat was to him)

I can't believe it, but this is one of the few pictures I have of his birthday hat - and this birthday hat was very important to him - I didn't realize! For a couple of weeks before his birthday, he kept talking about "Happy Birthday hats" (that's what he would call them - Happy Birthday hats- isn't that cute?), not specifically his, but just in general. If he saw one in a book or in a video, he would comment. Well, the evening before his birthday, Grey started talking about HIS Happy Birthday hat. Little did he know, I hadn't bought one for him. I guess it didn't register that he wanted his very own Happy Birthday hat! I didn't get one for him last year, but he was only two then. I felt HORRIBLE. So, just before the party store closed, I zoomed over hopefully to find a Happy Birthday hat, any hat would do! I was extremely happy to find a frog hat - perfect for his theme! From this point on, I will remember to listen to those subtle hints! And to top it off, I found a Happy Birthday button to wear! He loved it!


Grey's party them was frogs. I chose this theme because I wanted Grey to have a splish splash party with his friends. Mom and Dad bought Grey a small pool and slip and slide for Grey and a splash pad for Joleigh. Sadly, it rained on the day of his birthday, so we didn't get to play in the water, but Joe made up for that the next day!

Here's his cake! Grey was so excited to have three frogs on his cake! The cake is a pond with a sand bank at the back. I had difficulty making the bank, the icing kept sliding off! But the rest of the cake was very fun to make! Mom made the cat tails - aren't they perfect! Thanks Mom!




Here's his cake with hat (yeah I did get a picture of it), button, and frog wash cloth party favor!



The top!





And of course, every birthday cake MUST have the birthday kid's name!










Thanks for the pic, Gary! Thought this was cute!

Grey was very good at blowing out his candles!



Party favors!
Frog hand mitt wash cloths!

Fun!



Here's one opened! Attached to the party favor was a song about frogs!



Frog shape sandwiches with flies(raisins)




Here's Grey's friend Luke! Thanks for coming!



Luke's younger brother Brady! He and Joleigh are the same age!



And of course, this little stinker! : )



Bobbie and Pop-Pop! Thank you for coming! I know it was a very long day, but it wouldn't have been the same without you!


Gamma and Papa - we are so glad you came! Thank you so much for your help! I wouldn't have completed everything without your help!


Some of our guests! In the back, the Carr fam (Noah and Nathan), Aunt Janet, Ben facing the camera (sweet neighbor boy), Ms. Angie (Luke and Brady's Mom), and the kiddos!
Thanks so much for coming!

Grey loved opening the gifts! Although, being young, he didn't realize that we couldn't open every gift and play with it right then and there! So, as Grey got distracted on one toy or singing card, Mommy got to open most of the gifts! That was a lot of fun!

So, I got pictures of Grey with all his gifts after the party was over and several days after that!



Grey loves his new talking tool belt! It has a flashlight, walkie-talkie, a hat, and tools!
Oops, I got the wrong pic, but Grey was actually wearing his tool belt while helping Joe fix his big wheel!



We decided to get Grey a wallet this year! Hopefully this will help him to learn a little responsibility!

We put pictures, a couple of dollars, and his library cards in it! He loves getting his card out to check out books! : )

Grey really loves to play with his new tow truck!

He loves to push it around the house and pretend he is helping other cars!





Grey go a really cool space station!
He loves to shoot the missile and make the spacemen
take space walks to fix the antenna!



He also got more Hot Wheels to add to his collection!

Grey lined up all his cars! The "train" goes past Grey's feet!





This is a fun number matching/recognition game!

He had a lot of fun playing with it! It was funny though, he really likes the sound it makes when a mistake is made - he laughs so hard until he doubles over! This will be a great learning tool!



He got a neat-o Leap Frog letter/sound recognition game!

This will be very fun and useful!


He also got a DVD player which he has really enjoyed! I think he feels like a big kid because its his very own and he gets to push all the buttons (or wait, that might just be a guy thing!)




Grey received money! This will be put in his piggy bank! Thanks so much!



He also received an assortment of games, stickers, learning tools, and movies!




Comfortable PJ's!
Very nice!

Really cool clothes!



Lincoln log set! This is a great learning tool too! You really have to think several steps in advance while building, otherwise, you'll end up without a wall! (Yes, that happened to me, not Grey)

And of course, his big wheel! He will have a blast!
(And I have forgotten a couple of pics - I knew I would do that! I will get those posted soon)

Grey had a wonderful birthday party - thank you to all who came and for those that couldn't, thank you for the gifts and for thinking about him!
He didn't realize that a splish splash party was to follow, but because of the rain, we had to postpone it until....


...the following day! We made sure Grey had a lot of fun!
He loved his slip n slide!





Joleigh loved her splash pad!


I thought this was a cute pic!



Daddy had a lot of fun too!



Happy 3rd Birthday Grey!
We love you so very much!
You are a good boy and we are so very proud of you!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy, Joleigh and Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment