Friday, September 4, 2009

Joleigh's Birthday Party

Last Saturday, we celebrated Joleigh's 1st birthday with family and friends! Here is her table! We went with the theme "One Special Girl"! The napkins had flowers on them so we went along with that theme too! : )


Joleigh's cake


The guests' cake!











Party favor - each child received a personalized flower pot filled with soil and flower seeds.





Its hard to tell, but the tables were covered with picture confetti of Joleigh throughout the first year of life!




I asked each guest to write what they thought Joleigh would be when she grew up!



Joleigh's birthday chair!She loved her balloons!

Here's that special moment! We all sang "Happy Birthday, Dear Joleigh!"
I think Grey's face is so sweet in this picture!


Usually, most kiddos would take a bite and then dig in...not Joleigh. This was the first of many tries to get her to eat her bday cake! She didn't want to have anything to do with it!




"Does anyone else want this piece? You're welcome to it!"


The only family pic we got.




We didn't get great pics of her opening gifts, she moved way too fast. We did get a couple though!
As you can see, Joleigh LOVES shoes! : )



She loves her new cross snow globe!



And her new sunglasses!
She also loved her new books, toys and clothes!
Thank you everyone! : )




After the party, we tried again...still no go.


I put whip cream on the cake to see if we could get her started with that. NOPE!


"I said NO MOMMY! I don't want it! " : )


And so we tried again the next day. Third times a charm right...RIGHT!?!?!
Still no go...


So, decided to give her a smaller piece - perhaps her cake was just too big...


" Nope, still don't want it!"


"I'm DONE!"
So, we gave up! No sweet cake pics with icing all over her mouth! We'll try again next year!



Thank you Aunt Branda, Dad, Mom, and Aunt Verna for driving to Houston for the party! It wouldn't have been the same without you! Love you!



And thank you Gary and Lora for all your prep help two days before the party! Wow! That was a lot of work, but I really appreciate you! Love you!




And this is who we did this for - our sweet, sweet Joleigh...Happy First Birthday, Sweet One.
Thank you to everyone who came and who had to travel to get here! That means a lot to us!
We love you all!
(And now, we are on to planning Grey's party)

No comments:

Post a Comment