Monday, February 22, 2010

A couple of stories I don't want to forget...

For the past couple of weeks Grey, Joleigh and I have been sharing knock knock jokes...
It's so sweet to hear the kids share their jokes because they don't quite have the concept of a joke.
Here's an example of Grey's joke:

Grey: "Knock! Knock!" "Say who's there Mommy"
Mommy: "Who's there?"
Grey: "Cars" (he will say any object he sees)
Mommy: "Car's who?"
Grey: "Lights" (again any object he might see) "Laugh Mommy!"
Mommy: Hee hee
Grey: "No, Mommy - laugh like this" {Grey laughs}
Mommy: {Trying very hard to laugh like Grey wants me to laugh}

Another joke:

I told the knock knock joke with bananas and oranges...this is Grey's version.

Grey: "Knock! Knock!" "Say who's there Mommy"
Mommy: "Who's there?"
Grey: " Dog" (again, he will say any object he sees or thinks of)
Mommy: "Dog who"
Grey: "Aren't ya glad I didn't say banana? "Laugh Mommy!"
Mommy: "{laughing}
Grey: "No Mommy - laugh like this" {Grey laughs}
Mommy: {Trying to laugh like Grey wants me to laugh}

Joleigh's version of a knock knock joke:

Joleigh: "Knock knock"
Mommy or Grey: "Who's there?"
Joleigh: "Mamma"
Mommy or Grey: "Mommy who?"
Joleigh: "Dada"
Mommy or Grey: "Daddy who"
Joleigh: (At this point she will either say Grey, or any of her Grandparents)
And yes, this version goes on FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!


Another game that Joleigh has made up is her version of peek a boo!

As I take her out of her car seat, she will close her eyes, lay her head down as if she were going to sleep, blow me a kiss and say "Night Night!"
I will say, "Oh, sweetie, are you tired?" ( I really thought she was the first time she played this with me) She will sit there for a moment or two, then suddenly "wake up" and say "BOO" with the sweetest smile.
This game also goes on FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Such sweet stages both kids are at right now!






1 comment:

  1. Gracie does Knock knock jokes and we did the banana and oranges one and she will just go until she tires of it and then make me laugh! I crack up that she even thinks of making a joke. Then other times it is Gracie saying knock knock...who's there? something about anything she wants it to be and then she cracks up so we crack up! Kids! They are very important people to have around!

    ReplyDelete