Yesterday would have been Grandpa Guy's 99th birthday! As we remembered this day, we planted Iris bulbs that originated from his garden in Colorado! It was a perfect day to be outside - the kids had fun playing in the dirt and Joe and I enjoyed each other's company while we played in the dirt!
Looks great Joe! We will take pictures of the flowers once they start growing!
We found several friendly critters while cleaning out the flower bed: 2 Texas brown snakes, a frog, a centipede, many earth worms, and a couple of grubs (ok - grubs, not so friendly - yuck)
Grey and Joleigh were very fascinated with all the critters! Joleigh didn't mind touching them! Grey was a little hesitant though, but he finally did it!
I spy a frog! (Do you see it?)
This little frog was so cold he could barely move - its amazing how reptiles live through the winter!
I think I know whose pockets I will have to check before laundry time!
I thought this was a sweet picture - Joe really does so well teaching the kids about nature! There's so much to learn even in our own backyard!







No comments:
Post a Comment