Thursday, April 2, 2009

Road Trip!!!!


Today, Joe and I decided that we all needed to get out of the house and have ourselves a little road trip! We took the kids to see alligators at Brazos Bend State Park! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this state park, the ALLIGATORS live in their natural environment and WE are the guests! : ) Yes, they are able to go anywhere they please even if that means sunning themselves on the trail! When I first came to the park several years ago, I was very nervous about the fact that there is NOTHING but the space you make between yourself and the alligators, but when you are actually there, its quite easy to see how close the alligators are and most of them are too busy doing nothing that they don't care you are there. We decided to take the kids on a bike ride. Now, please picture this...Me, the Mommy, on a bike that I have not ridden in at least three years pulling my children in a bike trailer! I had honestly forgotten how the gears worked on my bike and had difficultly pulling my babies even on flat ground...Anyway, I had to laugh at myself because I'm sure it was quite the site to see. But lets get back to the gators...We saw two alligators - one sunning itself on the edge of our trail and the other across the lake. We thought that we would have seen more because the weather is warming up quite nicely and knew alligators take advantage of the sun! But honestly, two was enough for me. I was just trying to focus on pulling the trailer...(You might be asking, why is the trailer behind my bike and not Joe's? Well, Joe is still a boy at heart and loves to do jumps and tricks and pulling a trailer would just limit his freedom! : )



After our bike ride, I thought it would be nice for Grey and Joleigh to play at the playground and boy oh boy, did they have a blast!!!!!!! There was a 20 foot slide that caught both my boys eyes (yes, my husband too)! It was a huge slide and Grey went down without one sign of hesitation! Joleigh got to slide down the slide too, but she had most fun swinging and watching Grey play! After an hour of playing, it was well into the evening and past Grey and Joleigh's bedtime, we decided to go, but not before we saw three deer, an armadillo (Grey, watching it from a distance, said it looked like a mouse), and a rabbit!


We had a great time and will go again soon!!!!!!!



Grey and Joleigh's first bike ride together!This fella was only a few feet away!This gator seemed interested in us, and opened his mouth! YIKES! I'm sure glad he was on the other side of the water! : )Are you sure you're up to this Grey?Wow! That is a LONG way down!Not a problem!"I went down by myself too!""Just kidding! Thanks Daddy, that was FUN!"Look at ME!!!!!Wheeeeeee!!!!!!! Sweet Pic!


See ya later (that's right, go ahead and say it)...
ALLIGATOR!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment