Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Official...

Grey has mastered letter recognition for all the letters of the alphabet! He has known most of his letters for quite sometime, but he is now using his knowledge to read letters everywhere he notices them. The other day, while I was doing dishes, he picked up a flier and read the letters. He was actually reading left to right, top to bottom! I am very proud of you Grey! He is now very interested in forming each letter! Before we know it, he'll be reading everything he sees- Just like his Daddy! (I have actually had to put away anything that has words off the table while we are eating because Joe will go off into literacy land and read everything - cereal boxes, ingredient lists for everything - he knows where all the food product factories are because, yes, he reads that too and he won't talk and converse with ME!) I guess now that Grey is interested in reading, I will have to put keep all that on the table! Like father like son! I guess Joleigh and I will have our own conversations!
: )Grey loves his new writing activity! He is learning to form each letter correctly! He knows to start at the dot and end at the star. While he is writing, he will talk to himself - first, he will say the letter, then he will say ,"Start at the dot and end at the star."
Very good, Grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment