Saturday, October 3, 2009

Race For The Cure...

Today, a group of friends and I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We were walking with our friend Rhonda who has been fighting breast cancer since this past spring.


Rhonda's Renegades


Back: Dayna, Summer, Millie, Sheila, Janet, Maria


Front: Julie, Rhonda, Bernadette




Before the walk began, we walked through a tent city which was full of sponsors passing out free stuff! We got bags, scarfs, water bottle holders and mirrors! : )




We were waiting to start the walk - there were supposed to be approximately 30,000 people in attendance!








Here's a pic of our group at the start of the walk!





At the end of walk, the survivors had their own finish line to cross! I tried to get a picture of Rhonda as she passed through, but she beat me to the finish line! So...







I got a picture of her afterwards! We love you Rhonda and we will continue to pray for your recovery!




And thank you to all who donated for this walk! It is wonderful to be a part of such a wonderful cause! I will definitely be back next year!



Below is a short video of us. We had the professional walkers: Bernadette and Janet and Dayna -


And then us tag-a-longs followed behind!


Until next time...




1 comment:

  1. Hi! So glad you were able to be a part of this important endeavor. I'm sure Rhonda is so happy to have friends like you to support her. I'm proud of you, Summer! You're a good friend! Look like y'all had a great time together. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete