Today, I made pinwheels for the kids lunch. I used lunch meat, spinach, and the Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. Layered the ingredients, rolled it up and the cut it into small pinwheels. They were really fun to make - I made up a little song to help teach sequencing to Grey. The song goes to the tune of "Peanut, Peanut butter...Jelly" (hopefully you all remember that from school - otherwise I will have to video tape myself singing and you DON"T want that! HA!
Here's the song:
First you get the cheese and you spread it, you spread it, you spread it, spread it, spread it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY.
Then you take the spinach and you layer it, you layer it, you layer it, layer it, layer it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY.
Then you take more cheese and you spread it, you spread it, you spread it spread it spread it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY.
Then you take the pinwheel and you roll it, you roll it, you roll it, roll it, roll it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY.
Then you take the pinwheels and you cut it, you cut it, you cut it, cut it, cut it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY.
Then you take the pinwheels and you eat it, you eat it, you eat it, eat it, eat it.
Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY; Pinwheels, yummy pinwheels, YUMMY!!
After we sang the song a couple of times, Grey wanted to make one himself and I heard him sing the song with each step! Perfect for language development and sequencing!







No comments:
Post a Comment