At the moment, Grey's favorite nursery rhyme is baa baa black sheep. I have to be the one to blame for this because when visiting my family, I searched for nursery rhymes on YouTube and found several. One in particular, baa baa black sheep, was Grey's favorite. Let me tell you, it was annoying listening to it the first go around, but after 25-50 times...well I thought I was going INSANE!!!!!! Anyway, that was put to a stop when we got back home because I could not stand listening to it another time (it's really that annoying)
Long story short...I decided to let Grey listen to a few story readings and songs from YouTube yesterday. We listened to The Giant Turnip, The Wide Mouth Frog, and various songs. We were having a great time until, yep, you guessed it, that dang black sheep song popped up. I tried to quickly click on something else, but Grey saw it anyway. His eyes were wide with delight! So, we played it and played it and played it...until, I just couldn't take it anymore.
Today, of course Grey remembered it, so instead of playing it, I decided to make a craft out of the old nursery rhyme! We read it from a story book first, discussed all there was to discuss from it and then made a sheep out of paper and cotton balls! Grey had a blast!!!!!!!!!!
This was his first time to be able to use glue himself and he did super! He listened so well!
I must say, I was very impressed with his artwork. I had cut out the different body parts of the sheep (head, tail, body, and 4 legs) and then mixed them up on the table. We glued it together exactly how he placed it! The ONLY thing I helped with was the gluing! Pretty good work, Grey! I was impressed that he was even able to recognize the face as a face (it didn't have the pink ears or eyes yet - that I helped with later) After he put the sheep together, I then taught him how to use the glue and he glued each cotton ball on himself! I was impressed at how well he controlled the glue. He even counted to three after placing the cotton ball so that it would stick!
Anyway, I thought he did super work for not doing anything like that before!
Way to go Grey!!!!!!!!
Here are a couple of more pics of his artwork!
I think this "piece" is interesting. He chose the colors and then began to paint. It wasn't until yesterday, that I noticed an interesting profile in the picture! Do you see it? Look closer!
Top left. Do you see what I see? That's right...George Washington! Pretty cool, huh?!?!
We call this piece "America"







very cute idea. i need to do that with luke. also, a friend of mine taught her daughter how to spell her name by cutting the letters out and letting her put them in order.
ReplyDelete