Friday, October 8, 2010

All Almond, No Joy...

For a few days, Joleigh has suffered from a runny nose. Lately, it has been her habit to pick her nose because the drainage and now the stickiness is bugging her a bit. A couple of days ago, she kept trying to pick her nose. I told her to stop and then get a tissue to try to gently wipe her nose. Every time I wiped her nose, she complained that her nose hurt so I applied aquaphor on her nose to relieve her pain. I know she complained about her nose for a least one full day and kept picking it so I would repeat the same thing over and over. The following morning, she started in again at the breakfast table and I asked her to stop picking her nose. She did and continued to eat. I turn to wash dishes - not a second later, Grey got up from his seat and walked to Joleigh and started looking at something in her hand. I walk over to find an almond piece in her hand. Knowing that I did not give it to her that morning I asked where she found it. She then pointed to her nose. WHAT?!?!?! I didn't quite believe her so I asked Grey where she found the almond. He said she got it from her nose. WHAT?!?!? HOW in the world did I miss seeing her put this thing in her nose and WHEN did she do it? It must have been the previous day. I immediately got my ear flashlight and made sure she didn't store anymore up there! Thankfully, she was clear. I'm sure she felt much better and hopefully she learned a lesson: almonds are for eating not for storing! I'm just glad she didn't pop it in her mouth for a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment