Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another funny story from Grey...

Tonight after supper, both Joleigh and Grey were sitting at the table finishing their milk when Grey started rhyming words. At one point in his long list, he rhymed hobby and lobby. He then started talking about Hobby Lobby and how he was going to drive there. So, he started to drive (with his hands on his steering wheel) saying, "Let's go, Joleigh...varoooommmm....varoooommmm!" And of course Joleigh follows along putting her hands on her steering wheel copying everything he was saying. Suddenly he made a stopping/braking sound, and said "Something is in the way Joleigh. Is it a lion? Or is it a giraffe? (pause) No, it's a stop sign." And then he started to drive again until he reached the parking lot! I had to chuckle quietly because I didn't want to disturb what he was playing, but I thought it was so funny how he was speaking so matter of fact: it would not have surprised him one bit, if it were a lion or giraffe or hippo or whatever in the road...but, nope it was a stop sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment