We've been potty training Joleigh (well, sort of) for this past week. As you know from my earlier posting, J has been interested in the potty for quite some time, creating a routine that she HAS to follow every time she tries to, well... you know...
Just within this past week, she has actually started to tee-tee! (YEAH JOLEIGH!!!!)
She knows to wipe afterwards and she is very, very good at doing it!
Tonight, she tee-teed for Daddy and was so very proud of herself! I walked into the b-room just in time for her to finish. Daddy asked me, "So what do I do next, do I wipe her?" and before I could answer, he gently picked her up off the seat and started to shake her very gently! (You know, like a guy would shake to get all the excess off). I laughed and told him that yes, you would wipe her but since she's taking a bath, she should be dry enough after "shaking it all off"!!!!! So funny!
It reminds me of when I was teaching Grey to use the restroom like a boy should. After he would finish, I would take a square of toilet paper and dab. After several times at doing this, Grey would want to do it, so I let him. One day, Joe helped him and Grey wanted a square of paper to dab. Joe said, "No, boys don't do that, they do this... "(and shook!)
After Grey was out of hearing range, Joe told me not to dab him again... boys don't do that!!
How would I know? I grew up with a sister! : )
Just within this past week, she has actually started to tee-tee! (YEAH JOLEIGH!!!!)
She knows to wipe afterwards and she is very, very good at doing it!
Tonight, she tee-teed for Daddy and was so very proud of herself! I walked into the b-room just in time for her to finish. Daddy asked me, "So what do I do next, do I wipe her?" and before I could answer, he gently picked her up off the seat and started to shake her very gently! (You know, like a guy would shake to get all the excess off). I laughed and told him that yes, you would wipe her but since she's taking a bath, she should be dry enough after "shaking it all off"!!!!! So funny!
It reminds me of when I was teaching Grey to use the restroom like a boy should. After he would finish, I would take a square of toilet paper and dab. After several times at doing this, Grey would want to do it, so I let him. One day, Joe helped him and Grey wanted a square of paper to dab. Joe said, "No, boys don't do that, they do this... "(and shook!)
After Grey was out of hearing range, Joe told me not to dab him again... boys don't do that!!
How would I know? I grew up with a sister! : )







No comments:
Post a Comment