This year was the first year for Grey or Joleigh to dress up and go "trick or treating"! I decided that it would be cute for their costumes to coordinate so Grey was a fisherman and Joleigh was his fish (and yes, she's a keeper!) We went to a local church and went "trunk or treating". Several volunteers created a theme for their car, opened up the back or the trunk and gave out candy. The kids went from car to car, participating in fun activities! Grey and Joleigh had so much fun!

Their candy baskets fit the fishing theme - Grey used his fishing basket from his room and
Joleigh used an aquarium! We ordered a real fisherman's vest for Grey - we figured he could use it when "exploring" in the back yard or going fishing with Daddy! We found rain boots for him to wear and my hat! He looked like a pro! Joleigh's costume is made from a sweat suit with a hood. I whip stitched fins under the arms and down the back. I cut scales out of shimmery material that resembled fish scales. Using photo mounting tape, I taped on each scale. I was pleasantly surprised how real the scales looked!

Here's her costume from the back side!

And is shimmered in the sun!

Both
Joleigh and Grey learned very quickly how to "ask" for candy! "Trunk or treat!!!!"

It was so funny to watch
Joleigh - after receiving candy, she would put her candy basket on the ground, open it up, and put the candy in...this process took forever each time! But, she was so very excited to do it on her own!

Showing off their delicious loot!

And enjoying lollipops!
Afterwards, we headed over to Aunt Janet's to visit with her! The kids had a blast - this was a fun alternative to traditional trick or treating! I'm glad to see there were many churches around our home offering fun alternative activities!
No comments:
Post a Comment