We had a very interesting Easter this year! It turned out well, but unfortunately, Joleigh got a little sick and we were not able to go to church. We were just about to leave, dressed and ready to go, when she tossed her cookies all over herself and me. She just didn't feel well. The rest of the day, she wanted me to hold her, but that was OK. We managed to have fun anyway after a long nap.
I wanted to get a sweet pic of the kids just as they were leaving for church, but this pic turned out cute. Of course, Joleigh is not in her Easter dress because it was wet. But an adorable sundress from Aunt Branda was just as good!
On Saturday...

Saturday, we spent time as a family and dyed Easter eggs!
The kids had a blast and did very well!
Joleigh was learning to put the dipper underneath the egg to pick it up. On several occasionsthough, she decided to pick it up with her hands!

Grey did a wonderful job dying the egg and picking it up without it falling. He even transferred it to the carton too!
Both Grey and Joleigh were excited and surprised by the magic eggs with their names!
We had a great time!
On Sunday...
Unfortunately, Joe had to work today, so the Easter Bunny didn't show up until after nap time. The only problem was that Grey did not want (or need) a nap. However, the only way the Easter Bunny would show up is if both kids were napping. While Joleigh napped, Grey stayed in his room for about an hour reading and playing in his bed. I kept a close eye on him to make sure he stayed in his room. It's amazing how kids can do this, but as I was working in the kitchen, I saw a little movement in the living room. Grey had quietly walked into the living room, standing in a t-shirt and underwear in front of his basket with his mouth opened in amazement! He looked at me and said, "The Easter Bunny came and brought me presents!" I told him that he wasn't supposed to be in here just yet, but knowing I couldn't make him wait to see his gifts until Joleigh woke up, I told him to run in his room and get dressed so that I could take pictures! Before he left, he looked at his new ball and said, "A spiderman ball! YES!!!!!!"
He got new sunglasses!
And a fun superman juice container!
Joleigh woke up about 30 minutes later. Although she was excited about her new toys, she didn't care too much to play with them. She only wanted in my lap.
She did play with her ball for a quick moment though!
Grey loves his new hot rod monster truck!
Finally, Joleigh started to play with her new animal toys and sunglasses, but still wouldn't leave my lap.
As the kids were busy playing, the Easter Bunny hopped into our yard and hid eggs! Joleigh and Grey were very excited about finding them!
Notice how Grey and Joleigh are holding their baskets. Grey being a boy, held it with his hand. Joleigh, being a dainty girl, looped in on her arm!
"Look! I found one!"
Joleigh was very proud of herself!
Finding another one! She soon got the hang of it!
Grey found most of the eggs, as you can imagine, but was still kind to let Joleigh find some too!
Now, Joleigh and Grey are looking for two very special eggs! One silver and one gold!
They found them in the tires of the cars! And look....
the Easter Bunny left each $5! Wow!
When Grey opened his egg, he said, "Look, a money! It has the letter 5 on it!"
So cute! Thank you "Easter Bunny" for the money!
We had a great time watching the kids play with their toys and hunt for eggs!
But, I still had Easter dinner to make! I finally got it done though...
We had ham, garlic and parsley new potatoes, squash medley, dinner rolls, and bunny shaped mac n cheese! Delicious!
Happy Easter!







No comments:
Post a Comment