Tuesday, April 13, 2010
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!!
It's now 3:45 in the morning, and I am up because I had to clean the grill plates that have been soaking most the night. I tried to clean them before I went to bed, but the sugars from the pineapple had baked onto the plates and I figured another few hours of soaking wouldn't hurt. Anyway, after I finished cleaning, I turn around and noticed a large blurry spot on the tile (I didn't have on my glasses and the kitchen was dark). I carefully walked towards it and immediately it started to move towards me! I screamed, ever so quietly not wanting to wake the kids, knowing at that point that it was a huge spider about 2 inches in diameter. And no, it wasn't a daddy long leg - the body was way too big. To me, that's just too large to be in my house. Now, before I married Joseph and even now to some extent, my initial feeling is to kill it. But, Joe has slowly influenced me a bit to have a soft spot in my heart for spiders, therefore, some spiders that I see I just let go (they must be small ones though) knowing that they will probably not ever bother us again. So, I thought to myself, I guess I could put a bowl over it and let it sit there until Joe comes home (which I have done before with smaller spiders. But, that thing was too large for me to do that) In case you haven't noticed, I have a deep fear for large critters, a phobia I wish I didn't have. But, none the less, I do and I had to face my fear as best as I could at 3:45 am with no help near by, so I chose to get the bug spray. As I am shaking, I walk up to this critter and spray it. I prepare myself for the fact that it will move fast, but I scream anyway and began to tell the dern thing that I was so sorry. I sprayed again, and again and kept repeating I'm so sorry. Now, this is a complete opposite reaction I have when I have to kill a stupid gross cockroach. I will seriously yell at the thing to "die, Die, DIE" as I spray half the can on its helpless little nasty body. Knowing that critters still have the tendency to hide in dark little places, I watch this little fella until it finally dies (about 20 minutes) During that time, I realize that I probably did make the wrong decision. All that spider wanted to eat were other bugs and mosquitoes. So now, it lays in my kitchen until I get the vacuum out in the morning (and no, I can't simply sweep it up - I am truly powerless in these situations - I can hardly even vacuum these critters up knowing I will hear the thump as their body hits the hose as it turns the corner) What a sad ending to a really ridiculous story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Soooo stinkin' funny!
ReplyDelete