Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring has...


...finally sprung at the Marney home!!!

My front flower beds are finished!
This is what my beds looked like before...just flat and blah!!
But now, I have a wonderful assortment of plants! I made an appointment at a well known nursery to speak with a professional about which plants would be best for my beds so I wouldn't waste money. Although I didn't get to talk with the man that I originally made the appointment with, I did receive a lot of help from a sweet man named Sig. After spending well over an hour with me, he helped me pick out Fox Tail Ferns, Society Garlic, Columbine, Verbena, and a Passion Vine! I brought a picture of my beds and he gave me a general idea of how to place the plants. After Joe and I placed the plants in the beds to our liking, Joe ended up planting most of them as well as designing the mounds in the beds to add texture! I was so thankful for his help because I know I wouldn't have built the beds that high and they really looks great!
The smaller bed.
The larger bed.
This bed lines the sidewalk to the door.


This bed hangs by my front door.
Here's the Passion Vine. I hope it does well! The flowers are supposed to be spectacular!
I found this Blue Angel at another nursery! It's so beautiful! The flowers look like little angels. I will take a closer pic tomorrow.
Also, the Irises we planted a few weeks ago are starting to grow! I can't wait to see this entire bed full of these beautiful flowers!

Thanks so much for your help Joe! You did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment